Friday, October 18, 2013

Character Design - Story Idea

....Going back into the Character Design Project, I thought to look at films which were classed as "Fantasy", after watching the breakfast club and pretty much understood what the Teenage genre was about, but with Fantasy being such a broad term I thought, I'd be helpful to look for Fantasy Film and pick out when I think makes them Fantasy 



After some doodling and some rough writing I think I've come up with something I'm happy to work on.

The rough idea is;
Set in Africa, our hero is part of a group of orphans who live on the streets, they have to steal to survive and con who they have to, to get a meal at night. The Story's very much inspired by Oliver Twist, apart from the fact that it's set in Africa and our group of orphans are teenage boys and girls who range from ages 13-19. Our Hero is a decedent of the African god "Shango" (god of storm) and he's not aware of this fact, he knew he was special from a very young age but he didn't know why. the Villain of the story is a local Witch Doctor, who's been watching our hero from a very young age. 

No comments:

Post a Comment